Thursday, September 29, 2005

Rafa happy with performance

Rafa was pleased with our football yesterday and thought we were the better side:

"I think we were the better side, we worked hard and played very well. We won in the air and on the ground and as a manager I am happy with my team and I am sure our supporters are too."
Benitez said: "There could have been a penalty, maybe two. This is the difference. It was a clear penalty, the player said it was clear and I watched on TV and it was obvious.
"I am happy with my team, but people do not remember such things. We are playing to beat a big team and a detail like that is critical.
"They were time-wasting in the final minutes and that shows they have a lot of respect for us as a team.
"Crouch was maybe man of the match. He kept the ball and we need to work closer to him to give us more options."

I'm glad Rafa has hinted above that we may play further up the pitch to prevent Crouch being so isolated.
Please post your comments.

WithWolves Publications 2005©