Thursday, December 22, 2005

Kewell still not fully fit

Harry has spoken about his return from injury. He has been back playing for over a month but his groin is still troubling him:

"I have still got a long way to go to be fully fit," says Kewell. "My groin is still giving me grief after all this time, but we are doing everything possible to combat the problem. "I come in early every day before training to do the work that needs to be done on my groin and to allow me to train. "We are working 24 hours a day, seven days a week to try to correct the problem and hopefully one day we will have a breakthrough. "At the moment, I just have to grit my teeth and get on with it, but at least I'm playing again now."

Kewell has also explained how his early exit from the Champions League final was unavoidable:

"Everybody thought I had thrown it in and I could not believe the reaction from some people," fumed Kewell. "Even before the story was out properly they had diagnosed me and decided I had quit. I didn't realise there were so many qualified doctors watching the match. "My groin just snapped and I love it how people were criticising me in commentaries straight away, just saying my heart wasn't in it or I just wanted to go off. "It was the biggest game of my life and there's no way I would have left the field if there had been any way, any way at all, that I could have kept going."

Harry has been showing encouraging signs of getting back to his best. He was very dangerous against Sao Paolo and seems to be playing now with more freedom and confidence.

Please post your views

<< Today's Liverpool Stories

5 Comments:

At 22/12/05 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If he comes through this he could be up there with Gerrard, Rooney and Crouch

 
At 22/12/05 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Up there with Gerrard, Rooney.....and Crouch!!!!". I am still rolling on the floor laughing at the last name on that list - devalues it completely!

 
At 22/12/05 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought it made perfect sense

 
At 22/12/05 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your having a laugh aint ya mate!!! Kewell needs heart. Even when Owen was havin his injury worries he was still fully committed. Kewell is a little arrogant and needs to step up now!!!! If he had the ATTITUDE of crouch, he'd be spot on. We need more Carra's!!!

 
At 23/12/05 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's definitely talented. The last few games he'd play was fantastic. He'll be a good asset to LFC when his injury's gone entirely. Only time will heal and tell its story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Homepage

WithWolves Publications 2005©