Thursday, December 08, 2005

Kirkland expecting to leave Liverpool

Chris Kirkland believes that his future will not be at Anfield. He is currently on loan at West Brom and would be happy to make his move there permanent:

"I've not spoken to anyone at Liverpool. But I'm not stupid. Rafael Benitez has brought (Jose) Reina in and he is his number one goalkeeper. He's got (Jerzy) Dudek and (Scott) Carson there as well so I'd think I'd be a fool to think I can go back there.
"But you never know. I'm not ruling anything out. I'm just hoping to play well and we will see what happens at the end of the season but I am enjoying it at Albion," he added.

"Would I like to stay on a permanent basis? I can't see why not," said Liverpool keeper Kirkland. "It is up to West Brom and the gaffer but I enjoy it here. It will be interesting to see what happens at the end of the season because it looks as though my future won't be at Liverpool. "I've got to give myself as many options as I can at the end of the season and if West Brom are one of them, then great. If the clubs can agree a fee I can't see no reason for not stopping if the club wants me. Hopefully they do. But a lot of things can change. I'm here for another six months."

There is no doubt that Kirkland is a very talented keeper. Unfortunately his injury problems prevented him being established at Liverpool. It does look unlikely that he will play for us again. Hopefully he can stay injury free and show everyone why he is described as one of the best young keepers around.

<< Today's Liverpool Stories

4 Comments:

At 9/12/05 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHATS ALL THIS RUBBISH I AM HEARING TODAY ABOUT LIVERPOOL CATCHING CHELSEA. A FEW WINS AGAINST POOR TEAMS AND THEY ARE GETTING ALL COCKY ALL OF A SUDDEN. THEY ARE NOT FOOLING ANYONE WITH THEIR COMMENTS. EVERY MAN AND HIS DOG KNOWS LIVERPOOL ARE AVERAGE AT BEST

 
At 9/12/05 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh look...Dickless is back..where ya been mark? getting one surgically attached?

 
At 9/12/05 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey anonymous (3.13pm) leave that sick fernando alone. We shouldn't regard that silly person's opinion so highly. Leave him alone and he might be normal someday.

 
At 9/12/05 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i rate Kirkland pretty highly but he's just been real unlucky with injuries..

oh and Mark..go on the Madrid Boards/forums and start asking ur board to sign Benitez caude ur Galaticos look as though they are crashing..hahahahahaha..dumb chee bye

 

Post a Comment

<< Homepage

WithWolves Publications 2005©