Sunday, October 02, 2005

Milan tries to find explanation for Anfield exit

Milan Baros feels the main reason for his transfer to Villa is due to him not fitting into Rafa's tactical plan. He spoke to The Times about why he was not wanted at Liverpool:

"I have nothing to prove to anyone at Liverpool," he said. "Why should I? I never had a problem with Benítez, I never fell out with him. He just wanted to play a different style. What could I do?"
"Maybe Benítez wants to play a different style.
"A more defensive style. I like playing 4-4-2, but he seems to want one man up front. He brought in other players like Peter Crouch so maybe they want a big guy. My strength is on the floor."
Baros also rubbished claims he was overweight in his early days at Anfield.
"I've never had a problem with my weight," he said. "When I broke my ankle at Liverpool, I put some on, but that is normal when you are not doing anything."
I think Rafa was happy to let Milan go because he is not a squad or team player. He was always quick to moan when he was left out and didn't appreciate the positions of his team mates whilst he was on the pitch. Sadly he was also never able to reproduce his International form in a Liverpool shirt.
Please post your comments.

<< Today's Liverpool Stories

1 Comments:

At 3/10/05 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milan was heavier when he first joined Liverpool. He lost weight during some off time (maybe an injury, bit I think it was the summer break) and he's kept it off. He did look more competitive after he shed a few pounds though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Homepage

WithWolves Publications 2005©